Scholarships recognize outstanding academic achievement. Scholarships are available to Canadian and International students. If you are awarded a scholarship, Financial Aid and Awards will notify you in writing. Due to the high volume of applications received each term, payment of funds may not occur until the middle of the term of application.
Are you eligible? To apply you:
- must have completed at least 9 units at SFU
- must be in good academic standing and have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at SFU
- must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 units of standard graded courses at SFU in the term of application, unless otherwise stipulated
- cannot be in receipt of an ongoing SFU entrance scholarship.
A Scholarships/Awards List for the Spring 2015 Term will be available in December, 2014.
How to apply:
- Check the application period and final deadline at Application Deadlines
- Review the Scholarships/Awards List to determine the scholarships for which you want to apply
- Apply online by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca)
- Click on “Student Center”
- Go to Financial Aid and Awards (under Finances)
- Click on “Apply for Scholarships/Awards”
- List the scholarships you want to apply for on your online application
- Complete and submit your application.